- Please wait...
Southern Glazers Wine And Spirits
Southern Wine and Spirits was founded in 1968 in Florida by Jay W. Weiss, Harvey R. Chaplin, and Howard Preuss, and is headquartered in Miami. The company expanded from Florida to California in 1969 and then nationally in subsequent years. Glazer’s was founded in 1909 by Louis Glazer as the Jumbo Bottling Co. Its alcohol distribution operations started after the repeal of prohibition in 1933, when Louis’ sons Max, Fritz and Nolan started Glazer’s Wholesale Distributors, distributing Schlitz Beer in Dallas.
In 2016, Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits was formed by merging the two companies. They now employ more than 20,000 team members, distribute more than 150 million cases of wine and spirits annually across 44 U.S. markets, the District of Columbia, Canada, and the Caribbean.
They are the world’s pre-eminent distributor of beverage alcohol, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company with a vision to be the distributor of choice for their customers and suppliers through a diverse team of empowered industry leaders, while giving back to the communities they serve.
- After a 2016 merger, faced the challenging task of harmonizing their employee benefit plans and processes.
- Existing paper-driven and older online enrollment processes needed to be modernized quickly into a unified benefits enrollment experience.
- The enrollment experience would need to include personalized benefits communications to guide employees intuitively through the new benefits offerings
- There is a large population of field and warehouse employees without access to PC in their daily roles.
- Helped deploy harmonization benefit plans across multiple SAP systems after 2016 merger.
- Implemented AspireHR Cloud Benefits for both organizations, modernizing their SAP Benefits Administration enrollment with a uniformed employee and administrator experience
- Integrated personalized benefits communications videos and content into the enrollment process
- Enabled single, unified mobile benefits enrollment process for the entire workforce in time for the first Open Enrollment after the merger
- Positive Feedback from employees included: easy to use, quick to complete, looks better and even “Is that all I have to do?”
- Allowed administrators to track and report on completion percentages for Open Enrollment to identify areas needing additional engagement.